Friday 22 July 2011

Hello!

So, as of this weekend, I will have been in Hong Kong for a whopping 19 weeks. That's almost 5 months. And in all that time, I have posted on this blog ZERO times. Which is a bit shameful. But I hope to rectify that with a whole smorgasbord, nay, a Chinese banquet of posts.

But before I do, let me share with you some evidence that shows that I actually *live* here now, like a real person, and not just some freeloading boozy tourist, even though I feel like that sometimes a lot of the time:

[From left to right: Octopus card; HK HSBC bank card; business card; HKID card(!!!); library card]

Five months later and the novelty still hasn't worn off. I'M IN HONG KONG! Whaaaaa?? I feel like Goldie Hawn in Overboard except more positive: "I live here? This is my house [city]?" Just look at it!



As the locals say: waaaaaa!

Anyways. Without further ado, allow me to present my Top Ten Things I Love And Hate About Hong Kong. And because I am still a Mancunian from 'oop North' and therefore prone to being a grumpy old sod, I am going to begin with 5 things I hate, but at least that way I get to end on a high.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment